Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Time is flying!!! And Thank G for friends!

Whoa, time is flying by here. When I step back and think about all that has happened since October, it is crazy how fast it has gone by. I have come a long way, learned so much (language and about Father) yet still have a long way to go!

I will be busy when April comes thru July and it looks like in the middle of July I will head to another country to learn more language and help out in other ways. I am excited about that and a little sad to leave this place. It will be a good transition and a whole new way to depend on Father like I haven't had to before.

Let's see what has been going down here...
I had my first real visit to a home here that wasn't for language. I had an Arabic meal that was good. There was only one scary thing I had to force down. A chicken liver. The look and texture was "different" but I mixed it with some rice and it went down ok. PTL that that was the worst! It could have been a lot worse. But not so much here! The food here is really good. They just eat a few parts that I am not used to. It was a group of us who got together to go thru the Book. They are minorities here. We studied, then ate and chatted afterwards. I see these guys once a week for a study of the Book.

Here was the group.


We road a faluka (boat) the other day with most of our students. Here are some pics.



Here is Jamie reading a famous book by a famous author. It was cool to read it at his grave.


I went to a park and it has a great view of the city. So, here are a few Mosques I thought you might like to see.




Despite that time is flying by, I am learning so much. My time with Dad has been sweet and refreshing. I thank you for your prs. They are being heard!! He has shown me how sweet His word is and how much I need it daily. There are things that look good to our eyes but if we open our eyes to see Him for who He truly is those things are nothing! He is much more than we can imagine or think of. When we see Him for who He truly is we would see how terrible we are and fall before Him in shame because of our uncleaness. Yet He chooses to send us to places He chooses to use us. That encourages me and lets me know it is all Him and not me at all. I don't know why He would chose me, yet understand He uses the weak. So never count yourself out wherever you are. Just have fayth in Him to work and be His reflection.

Thankful to be here to be among these people and PTL that I can see these beautiful site here in this place. It is work, but know this place is temporary to my final home and want to exhaust this life for the king-dom.

One more thing I must show you, unless you were there. My old roommate Colin just got married and made a cut out of me to take around the wedding. I received some pictures of this from Logan (another roommate) and I laughed SO HARD. It was hilarious. I was so sad I couldn't be there, but so thankful that I have friends back home who let me be a part of something I couldn't actually be there for. I love you guys so much. I wish I would have caught the garder, though. I was so close, I mean come on Caleb get in there and get that! HaHa, man you guys are nuts. I wish Colin and Katy the best and do love all you guys who let me be a part of the wedding. I have the best friends!!

This is Colin (Groom) Logan, Me, and Caleb V.


Here is Caleb D. holding me up for the garder toss.

3 comments:

Jeni said...

That was really cool of your friends to include you in their wedding like that!!

Curt Hampton said...

I absolutely LOVE it!!! That's the ultimate right there, what a friend.

Judy Powell said...

Many people thought you were the groom. I got a call or two asking if you got married. Mom