Monday, July 16, 2007

4th of July Party

For all ya'll interested parties, forgive me for not posting anything in just short of a decade. There has been a lot going on lately with teaching ESL and finishing up my time here in the Big City. It is hard to believe that almost 9 months have gone by since I have been here. I'm excited to try something new, but will miss a lot of things here. Many western things and the many friends I have made. Please remember a good transition and ask for me to find friends fast in my next place.



For the 4th, we had a party at a British School. Kind of ironic huh?? Anywho, it was actually on June 30th and we didn't have fireworks so that was kind of sad. We did watch the Sandlot, though which is a very good summer movie. We had some good food: hamburgers, hot dogs, watermelon, cake, and cotton candy. I mean what else could you ask for? Maybe mom's pecan pie, but it was good to have some real American food!



Here is the group of guys with a couple of vols here for the summer.



They had all the states flags there, so here is the Texas boys showing there pride!



The Georgia boys.
Kind of funny to have us split up between roommates. A Texas boy and a Georgia boy in each house.



This is all the Texans. Whoop! I just need some more Aggies and I will be good.

1 comment:

Judy Powell said...

Looks like you had a great 4th. I'm glad you did. Love, Mom